Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Despite offering rewards or making threats, your kids just won’t do what you ask them to do.
- You consider yourself calm and cool, but for some reason you lose it when your kids misbehave or act disrespectfully.
- Generally you feel you’re doing OK as a parent, but you want to make sure that you stay connected to your children, especially through the teenage years.
- Your teenage children are out of control and you don’t know what to do.
- You want to have a calm, happy family from the start and be ready to handle any future problems peacefully.
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, or if you’re just looking to become a better parent, then this introductory class is ideal for you.
Teaching Self-Government is about having a preplanned workable structure for teaching self-mastery in the home, and showing children how to effectively communicate their desires and frustrations to others.
This class will cover the basics of what self-government is, tone and structure of the home and family which includes calmness, meetings and skills. There are 4 basic skills for parents to teach their children: following instructions, accepting no answers, disagreeing appropriately and accepting a consequence.